Bethany is proud to partner with members of the Waupaca Area THRIVES (Teaming for Health and Resiliency Improvement Via Education and Support) Coalition to provide quality, evidence-based prevention classes to our community.
Bethany’s trained facilitators have helped hundreds in our community live a safer and more productive life. With support from our collaborative partners (Riverside Medical Center, Ministry Medical Group, Community Care, the Waupaca Senior Center, the Aging & Disability Resource Center, and Wisconsin Institute of Healthy Aging) these classes are being offered at no charge to participants.
Participation is limited and pre-registration is required.
Class offerings include:
- Stepping On: A free 7-week class where you’ll learn exercises and strategies to help prevent you from falling. Topics include: Simple and fun balance and strength training, the role vision plays in keeping your balance, how medications can contribute to falls, and more. Workshops are lively and interactive, making the experience both interesting and fun. Classes are held at Riverside Medical Center. For all upcoming events and details browse the calendar for dates and times. The spring class is already past, check back or go to ThedaCare.org to see what’s coming up!
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions: A free 6-week class that helps you learn practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue, discover better nutrition and exercise choices, and understand new treatment choices. If you have conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, or anxiety—this class is for you! Classes are held at the Waupaca Senior Center. For all upcoming events and details browse the calendar for dates and times. The spring is already past, check back or go to ThedaCare.org to see what’s coming up!
- Healthy Living with Diabetes: A free 6-week educational program designed for adults with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes. You will benefit from this class whether you are helping a parent, spouse, or friend. Classes are held at the Waupaca Senior Center. For all upcoming events and details browse the calendar for dates and times. The spring class is already past, check back or go the ThedaCare.org to see what’s coming up!
To see all upcoming events in the Waupaca community visit ThedaCare.org
The Bethany’s Outreach program’s single-session workshops are perfect for those who are unable to commit to a multi-session class or have more specific concerns. Topics can be tailored to specific groups and brought to your congregation, workplace, or community meeting. Generally one to two hours in length, they provide information, access to resources, and tips you can use right away. For more information and questions call Bethany.
Available workshops for your group:
- Home Safe Home: A 90-minute interactive workshop designed to help you recognize common hazards in your home and how to protect you against falls or injury. (Based on the 6-week Stepping On class)
- All Stressed Up and No Place to Go: A workshop for those who care for others with tips on self-care and stress reduction.
- I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends: A one-hour presentation on “Share the Care,” a model for engaging the help of family and community to help people function well when some extra assistance is needed.
- Putting Our Funny Where Our Mouth Is: Did you know that laughter can help reduce stress and improve your health? In this one-hour workshop learn how you can humor yourself and increase your sense of well-being.
- Virtual Dementia Tour: Experience firsthand what it may feel like to have Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia. Participants find the tour very eye opening and discover ways to help make life easier for those struggling with this condition.